• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

New president lincoln 2

I would have went with the crt7900v turbo/at5555nii or K-po dx5000+/CRT 6900v+nrc over the Lincoln 2+
All are better performing radios from what I've heard.

Reactions: Brother DXer
I would have went with the crt7900v turbo/at5555nii or K-po dx5000+/CRT 6900v+nrc over the Lincoln 2+
All are better performing radios from what I've heard.
I have a Lincoln 2 arriving on 11/18, hope I will be happy with it. Replacing a drifty DX 949, want better SSB performance, a little more power without a separate amp. Doesn't have to be super loud on AM, as long as I can %100 modulation, I'll be happy on AM.

My Lincoln 2 sounds excellent on Sideband. I have had a couple of people record me dx and gave it a listen on their Facebook page. Nice power, nice size and some great features. My problem is with the harsh choppy receiver on sideband and channel rejection. Hopefully you won't have the receiver issues on yours.

I keep it for a back up mobile radio due to it's compact size and power.

I have a Lincoln 2 arriving on 11/18, hope I will be happy with it. Replacing a drifty DX 949, want better SSB performance, a little more power without a separate amp. Doesn't have to be super loud on AM, as long as I can %100 modulation, I'll be happy on
I just bought one and installed in in my 22 Pete 579. Conversion is stupid easy and it sounds great. Had a couple original Lincolns that I loved.
I have a Lincoln 2 arriving on 11/18, hope I will be happy with it. Replacing a drifty DX 949, want better SSB performance, a little more power without a separate amp. Doesn't have to be super loud on AM, as long as I can %100 modulation, I'll be happy on AM.
I just bought one and installed in in my 22 Pete 579. Conversion is stupid easy and it sounds great. Had a couple original Lincolns that I loved.

Attachments

• 20221115_165130.jpg
    20221115_165130.jpg
    6.2 MB · Views: 5
I just put one in an ammo can. Along with a Midland GMRS 115 and an 8ah lithium battery. It's one of the few sideband radios that will fit in the tall 50 can.

View attachment 61310
That's a nice little portable setup you've got there. Like ammo, little package with a big punch.

That's a nice little portable setup you've got there. Like ammo, little package with a big punch.

Great idea!! So yes, I'm definitely going to steal this idea for myself. :cool:
Thanks guys, here is the thread that I started.

Reactions: Brother DXer

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.