• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

New Product from Magnum International...

Rob
Thanks for the clarification.I received the ad a few years ago and honestly thought it was legit because at the time Magnum was showing a 40 meter rig on their website with the same styling.Sorry for any inconvenience caused to you or the staff at Magnum/RF limited.

Boy, sure looks like a real ad. Wonder why someone would go to all that trouble and imagination for a joke???

Looks interesting none the less.

It is pretty cool, maybe they should pick the ball up and run with it.

It is pretty cool, maybe they should pick the ball up and run with it.

I'd mentioned this before, but maybe you and others didn't see it on another post. I asked Sam if Magnum Int'l was going to build any base radios in the future. He said they are still kicking around the idea of putting a Magnum S-9 in a rack-mount case. It may have four ERF-2030's in it - which would be an equivalent to 175 watts PEP as well. Which is the same arrangement of ERF's as the Magnum SX-175 power cabinet for the S-6 and S-9 radios thay already have.

rob, if you have the ability to create some sound files comparing the different mics, that would be pretty cool to hear.
LC

Please no more Rack Mount Radios !!! Get Creative !

I don't know what form it will have as yet. It is still in the discussion phase.

The CR-577 mic should be here by Tuesday. I talked to Sam Lewis of RF Limited the other day, and he assured me that it is on the way from S.CA. If it wasn't for the legal holiday tomorrow; it would be here then.

I don't know what form it will have as yet. It is still in the discussion phase.

The CR-577 mic should be here by Tuesday. I talked to Sam Lewis of RF Limited the other day, and he assured me that it is on the way from S.CA. If it wasn't for the legal holiday tomorrow; it would be here then.

Anticipation ( like the old ketchup ad ) LOL
Thanks Robb for the update

Listen to Sam Lewis, he knows what he is talking about.... :D

OH!!!! ABSOLUTELY!!! siltronix....palomar......sommerkamp.......ar3300/3500......if somebody reads enough posts on wwrf, soon enough they will know what they're talking about. just because you SELL something doesn't really mean you know much about it.

quoting ***, 'when it breaks....send it to bob. oh you're out west, send it to chris.' or was i quoting 808? thought 808 was the magnum mouthpiece. or is it 'robb'? or is it the 'ex-radio nut'? does sam lewis really exist? does magnum really exist? will ANYBODY ever stop re-hashing a 30+ year old radio design & calling it 'NEW'?

it's cold & snowy here, the windows have been closed for 3 months, i just had to VENT.

I assure you, Sir, Sam Lewis and "Magnum" do exist.

Just ask Merit from R.F. parts, I'm sure he'll tell you. There's a long story behind Merit, Sam, and Diamond products.

Just as there is between Don, Ed, John G., and James Peng on the other, RCI side of the fence.

Justin, don't be cryptic and coy and tease us. Either tell us what you know about the situation, or keep that shit to yourself. Otherwise what is the point of that kind of post---to let everyone know you have inside knowledge? Who the hell cares. Spill the freaking beans!

:mad:

PS: Nice to see you back. Now use your knowledge to start dispelling all the bullshit that has been spreading like wildfire here, especially when it comes to Magnum products. Telling the truth isn't BASHING. If it upsets certain people who fanboy for Magnum, tough shite.

Justin, don't be cryptic and coy and tease us. Either tell us what you know about the situation, or keep that shit to yourself. Otherwise what is the point of that kind of post---to let everyone know you have inside knowledge? Who the hell cares. Spill the freaking beans!

:mad:

PS: Nice to see you back. Now use your knowledge to start dispelling all the bullshit that has been spreading like wildfire here, especially when it comes to Magnum products. Telling the truth isn't BASHING. If it upsets certain people who fanboy for Magnum, tough shite.

WHAT HE SAID!!!! usually being 'cryptic & coy' means ABSOLUTELY NOTHING and absolutely nothing is known, known to exist, etc. letting everyone THINK you have 'inside knowledge' usually means YOU DON'T. i'm not denying sam has/had a finger into something good.....the ar3300/3500 was THISCLOSE to being the best 10-12m radio ever made. THISCLOSE. magnum, as well as striker, though this is a magnum thread, actually took the hashed-re-hashed 30 year old design and ATTEMPTED to improve upon it. didn't succeed. peng is another who just rehashes-rehashes-rehashes. some of the ideas flat out suck, some are merely stupid & there are a few that have merit (no pun intended) but nothing exciting.

if these guys REALLY sell the quantity of radios alluded to, why don't they just BUILD A NEW ONE. A REAL ONE. A GOOD ONE. OH. because it WON'T justify the investment because truckers won't get it and sidebanders already use far superior HF rigs. SO THEN, MAKE THE ONES YOU BUILD......WORK! how about a little SSB frequency stability. how about a REAL speech processor/compressor system, audio amp system that doesn't NEED to be messed with, 10-12 meters with FUNCTIONAL features. go ahead, add your beep & endless echo if you have to, but $500 for a QUALITY radio vs $500 for a 69ffc2 drift machine SWAN cousin.....ooooh, swan/siltronix, do we see a pattern here?

you get me ranting & i get off the topic-at-hand......which was agreeing with somebody else smart enough to leave copper & smart enough to realize wwrf ain't perfect either.

It has been attributed to Jim Peng that he essentially acknowledged that a couple of real simple changes could really improve the RX on his radios and make their audio REALLY shine, but he saw no reason to do so because the ignorant americans buy them like wildfire anyway. We're not talking about anything that would significantly change the price point.

The guy got rich selling this junk that even needs to go to a radio shop brand new just to get it to spec. That is pretty sad.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.