• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

New Pyramid PS86

Thats not a bad price northstar, I have seen them selling for $470/$480 on the web.

LOL I have seen list price quoted at $900.00 at some places...incredible!

Jeff

<span style="color:eek:range;font-family:helvetica;font-size:large;">RadioActive</span>

20040427_0100_eit_171.gif

</p>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p067.ezboard.com/bworldwidecbradioclub.showUserPublicProfile?gid=audioshockwav>AudioShockwav</A> at: 3/27/05 8:08 pm

hi, are these good amps? I heard bad about pyramid amps in the past about bran new units making humming noises and means something is bad inside the amps.

Roger

Pyramid would not be my first choice,I prefer Tripplite or Astron,but they are not bad.A brand new power supply may hum and yet have nothing wrong.Sometimes the transformer will cause the metal case to vibrate and hum.Sometimes simply loosening and retightening the case and transformer screws will cure it.

Airplane1 these are not amplifiers they are 12 volt power supplies taking ac (house current) or electricity and converting it to 12 volt range to run dc powered equipment cars stereos ETC or in this case CB,EXPORT,and HAM radio Amateur radio equipment that is not set up for standard house outlets and or current. There are better brands but like anything else its possible to get a bad piece of equipmet from any manufacture. Astron Tripplite Iota and a few others are of better quality. Now I will also say I do have a 52 amp Power supply that is a Pyramid I had this thing since the mid 1990s and never had one problem with it. I have heard that others had grief with theres but I havent and niether did alot of my friends so as said its luck of the draW. Mine has been brun pretty firm and it never popped or shut down I do need to replace the fan but thats nothing so I cant say anything bad. I dont know about these new 80 ampers yet I firstb seen them about 2 months ago but never talked with anyone who has operated one.

Nope... And I have 2 Pyramid's here... Both work great! That is a nice supply there... May have to get one of those for the house... Than I can power 2 or 3 radios off of one instead of having a P.S. for each radio...

Couple one of those with a good size Amplifier and you can run a 700-800 Watt Amplifier in the house... I always figured about 10 Amps for 100 Watts on DC... Than you got some to spare and aren't running everything to red line.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.