• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

New radio on the way!

Grogan

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
Oct 1, 2011
Southern New Jersey
I was looking at new radios and having the need for a low priced Radio that had multi bands and multi modes and Bought the alinco. 249.95 shipped. It does fill the gap for the multiband am/fm radio and the + 300.00 radios with SSB . Should be a good radio for what I need. In my search I would have to pay for the radio , shipping also tune/conversion to get a good radio. With alinco open the box do the mod and start talking.. The numbers of this radio are falling fast. to much for the cb export and not enough for the Hams? not sure . I hope it will work out. Time will tell.

I was looking at new radios and having the need for a low priced Radio that had multi bands and multi modes and Bought the alinco. 249.95 shipped. It does fill the gap for the multiband am/fm radio and the + 300.00 radios with SSB . Should be a good radio for what I need. In my search I would have to pay for the radio , shipping also tune/conversion to get a good radio. With alinco open the box do the mod and start talking.. The numbers of this radio are falling fast. to much for the cb export and not enough for the Hams? not sure . I hope it will work out. Time will tell.

i really like mine. really dependable clean and crisp right out of the box. the only thing i did was the MARS mod and turned up the mic gain a tid bit. good choice and good value .

Check eBay for the mic adapter, it's where I got mine, type it in, alinco to 4 pin adapter, should yield a few sellers, the cable I got is about 4-6" long and goes from 8 pin icom to 4 pin cobra. Sorry don't remeber the seller but it should be hard to find. Does the cable not come with the radio? It should I could be wrong though. Make sure to throw some pics up when you get it.

Got around to posting a pic of the new radio. Have it mounted now and have learned the functions, Wired the new mic RD-104E. It's nice having the options and being able to switch between radios and Mic's Next step to make-up a mic adpter for 4 pin to 6 pin. Radioz.JPG

Olny time will tell. but I would say if you have the extra cash and want a new radio for the price and being able to get it stock,new in the box,free ship with all the options this radio has I would have to say it's a great buy....I have to give it 2 thumbs up

It's an Alinco DX-10 top left and I can only use one radio at a time so I was compairing skip signals on the rec and switch around the antenna to different radios.

Reactions: hotrod

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated