• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

new radio question ... which one to go with

penguin

Dec 2, 2005
I have been looking at the following

Uniden 68XL and 68 Elite
Uniden 78XL and 78 Elite
Galaxy DX949 and DX959

I am not sure which one I want to go with ... any suggestions
would be greatly appreciated ...

I would go with the 959 since it can have channels added to it and a freq counter to see where you are.it also has sideband if you want to use it.for the price difference I would go with it for the extras

penguin said:
I have been looking at the following

Uniden 68XL and 68 Elite
Uniden 78XL and 78 Elite
Galaxy DX949 and DX959

I am not sure which one I want to go with ... any suggestions
would be greatly appreciated ...

UNIDEN 78XL.. 50 Watt radio with the Mod done to it :Wavey :Wavey

40 watt mod involves 3 parts to be change on the Uniden Radio but you will get more then 40watts out, mine 78XL swings 55watts and I can out talk galaxys all day. :D 40watt mod

radio

I would go with the one of Unidens. I have had them all and liked the Unidens better. Your kind of comparing apples and oranges. No SSB on the Unidens you mentioned. The reason I didnt like the galaxys were because evry one I owned except an 88 were not stable on SSB.Just my opinion, Im not an expert, Im just going by what I have owned in the past.
If your looking for SSB I would suggest a Uniden Grant XL or Uniden Grant LT.IMO you will end up happier in the long run.

Try the Unidens if your going mobile.....they can take any reasonable beating.. ;) :D 8) ..and "set-up" by the right "tech"....they can be great tx/rx monsters ;) ..

Sorry on the Galaxies ....no opinion,never owned one. ;) 8) ..

Snoope back hiding in the snow............Ho-Ho-Ho

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.