• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

New Ranger RCI-63FFC2

Well according to a reliable source, they are still shipping with DEI so I might pass for awhile.

In other news, they are supposed to release a line of amps with...wait for it...............Toshiba’s.

Yeah, you read that right. And the price will be higher of course. That’s all I know right now, we’ll most of what I know right now, I got to hold back a little.

That's some good news, now do you mean a lineup from Texas star? A definite welcome around these parts is so. I know of a source that has a pretty good stock pile of Toshiba pills but the problem is that they can't match the to sell in pairs quads etc. They guard them like gold and won't even make a mention unless you pry it out of em lol. One of the guys accidentally made a mention of of it one day during a conversation and so I kind of of made him spill the beans haha. I've been tempted to take a bunch and match the them up as best I can myself but have been hesitant to do it. I see rfp went up considerably on their matched 2879 Toshiba pills, makes me cringe ... Let us know when you get more Intel ,now you got me really wondering what's around the corner.

I can’t say if it’s a new line of amps or just the same ones with these “Toshiba” transistors. I was told that HG would make the transistors and put Toshiba on them for Toshiba. But that’s hearsay and take it for what it’s worth.

Personally I think the HG’s are just as good as the Toshiba and there’s nothing wrong with them. Maybe they’re not exactly the same but I feel like they’re close enough.

I can only pass along what I’m told from suppliers and wholesalers, I can’t confirm or deny anything.

So if I get a picture of the board could someone explain it to me? I’m not very experienced but I kinda sorta know my way around a board....

Getting back on topic and old one I know I'm curious if anyone has made and crystal filter changes to these to clean up the rx on them same with the 98vhp I've owned both now nothing but noise boxes in the truck with 102 inch whip.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.