• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

New restoration project: President JFK

Enterprise312ok

Jun 12, 2022
Ok I am ready to join the fm craze one of my good cb buddies has an fm cb skip club, but I only talk on vintage rigs so I have been looking for a president jfk or jackson. Well my other good cb buddy has a cb shop and we went digging for rusty gold In his storage and he found a jfk for me. The radio transmits carrier and no audio so I am going to start with a full recap and go from there.
Does anyone have the parts list and any diagrams would be helpfull as this model is hard to search for.

If you're willing to take the time and dig through the schematic in this PDF: http://cbradio.nl/president/Service_Manual_President_JFK_Homer_FR.pdf

I think you can find most of if not all of the electrolytics in there. Shouldn't be too hard, the electrolytics and tantalums seem to have voltages specified in the drawing and the tantalums appear to have a "/T" after the value. So if the voltage is specified and there's no "/T", it's probably an electrolytic. Reality may have other ideas, but you'll be closer than you are now.

If you're willing to take the time and dig through the schematic in this PDF: http://cbradio.nl/president/Service_Manual_President_JFK_Homer_FR.pdf

I think you can find most of if not all of the electrolytics in there. Shouldn't be too hard, the electrolytics and tantalums seem to have voltages specified in the drawing and the tantalums appear to have a "/T" after the value. So if the voltage is specified and there's no "/T", it's probably an electrolytic. Reality may have other ideas, but you'll be closer than you are now.
That is a good plan, as long as I can identify them on the drawing I can gather most or all of the caps so I can do the project here at home.

I think the circuit-board number for that one is "PC713". Klondike Mike doesn't have this radio listed among his capacitor kits.

Would make the project simpler if he did.

Yes when I did the recap on my 138xlr I used a Klondike mike kit and a sams photofact I bought on ebay. Those items made my job a lot easier. 16587869870872095553877.jpg
Nomad do you use an oscilliscope for component level troubleshooting? I just bought probe for my automotive scope that will hopefully allow me to follow audio and rf signals around the board, if i can figure it out.

I have found a very readable schematic for the J.F.K. This will really get my back burner project going.

Attachments

• JFK.pdf
    574.2 KB · Views: 6

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated