• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

New Rig: Need Help Deciding

Focusing on 10m SSB performance, which of these rigs would you choose?

• President Lincoln II v3

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Anytone AT-5555n

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Anytone 6666

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • RCI-2950DX (Current version)

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Yeticom Optima

Votes: 10 62.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ha! That's awesome.

Did you ever get the icom mic - hm36 I believe? From what I've read, the Japanese models were fantastic but the China model has really fallen in quality.

I received my new Optima yesterday. Man, that mic really needs help, so I helped it. The radio certainly needs help out of the box so, I helped it also. Now it's rock in'. Using both the CR577 and the 2018 xtreme. I like the 2018 extreme even better.

Same stuff turns me on about the Optima as before. Continuous vfo. I can zip up to freeband with a fast changing channel changer; the 5khz steps helps me not miss anything scanning the band. The SSB is so forgiving. The receive is the best of every other radio.

I would pay extra for better back lighting for night view, a microphone that doesn't need to be modded.

After 1 1/2 years of being away and using a Pres Linc 2 ( which I really liked), I'm glad to be back to Optima Prime.

Reactions: camaro1
Yes I did. A real HM-36 made in Japan Icom mic. I love that radio! It worked well with both my 2 and 4 pill amps as well. It's a darn good barefoot radio for SSB! Always got my named called when the dx was running!!! And also got so many audio compliments as well. Between Camaro1 and others like you, I am happy I bought that radio!! I use an Icom 746 for a base and the optima still as my main mobile unit!!

Look around on the flea bay. I found my Icom mic for about $25 dollars. Don't see them often. Mine was used but in excellent condition. I also bought the Chinese one at the same time and the audio quality was just hands down better with either the stock mic or the real hm36 mic. A few minor mods to the small stock mic and it works well. It's just the size that killed me LOL!! More like a handheld radio mic than a mobile!! But at any rate they are great radios and have been for a few years now.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.