• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

New Silverado - will it handle the RF?

DTB set the radio up, I would guess he's got the modulation set; although its been several years since he's been in this radio. I run the mic gain around 12 noon...

I would love to know what the results of running your four pill in your new truck...I just bought a new/used 09 Silverado 2500hd gas with about 26k on it...gonna put a homemade 4pill in it and run it....I have the radio in and the entire truck and exhaust grounded and bonded to the frame...when the box is finished I'll run 4 pills to start and later when I get some $$$$ and doctor bills paid up I'm gonna hang a L.N. alt. and put the rest of the pills in it and make an 8 pill out of it,,see how she does then....

I have been running a Connex 4300-300 and a Ranger 2970N2, both put out close to 300 watts. NO truck issues yet......
Power comes directly from the battery tho

2010 silverado

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
I have a pretty new Chevy Tahoe running a Texas Star 350 wired directly to the battery, no issues what so ever, Wilson Mag mount with a Yeticom Optima driving the snot out of the amp. Both my feeds, ground and power go to the battery not just the power.

I have a pretty new Chevy Tahoe running a Texas Star 350 wired directly to the battery, no issues what so ever, Wilson Mag mount with a Yeticom Optima driving the snot out of the amp. Both my feeds, ground and power go to the battery not just the power.

Got a 2011 Chevy 2500 HD. For some reason my TS 350 amp when on high and my dynamike up it makes a funky noise. Idk what the dealio is.

After installing my PC76, I broke down and bought a General HP40W from DTB Radio. Even running high (right around 100 watts PEP), I get absolutely no odd behavior from the truck. The only thing I have is a barely audible, but still annoying, alternator whine...but I have more/less figured out its my grounding point, but I haven't gotten around to moving it.

I think the key to this is what was eluded to previously...clean output, low SWR.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.