• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

new sirio antenna

bob85

Supporting Member
Mar 30, 2005
england
sirio have a new base loaded mobile antenna in the shops that looks pretty decent,

http://www.sirioantenne.it/prodotti_ant.php?idc=1008171255&idg=1008171169&idp=1144670713

i have had a look at one and they are nicely made with a thicker faster tapered stinger than their old topline antenna the hypower 4000 or its brother the 4000 megawatt.

the sirio 3000/4000's usually just edge out ahead of the wilson base loaded 1000/5000 antennas but imho all these antennas suffer from a far too thin bendy stinger which is where the 5000 has been improved,

they are so239 fitting dc grounded but looking at them with a multimeter it seems they are shunt fed with the coil below the tap housed in the base connector and the coil above the tap elevated above the ball joint,

they also have a higher power rating than their older antennas if you use the optional teflon coax,

add the fact that the sirio magmount is both stronger and larger than the wilson,
my wilson 5000 and other peoples seem to work better on the sirio mount than on its own smaller magnet,

i think the new 5000 series sirio is well worth investigating if you need a good performing and convenient magnetic mount,

my buddies signal is more stable than it was with his hp4000 and clearly rides more vertical in the wind,

when i get the chance i will test his turbo 5000 against my hp4000 and my wilson 5000 all on the same magnetic mount.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.