• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

New Sirio Tornado 27

Galaxy 959

Feb 2, 2014
Arkansas
Sirio Tornado 27. I know this isn't the idea place to check the SWR but I was by myself today and it was the best I could do. The ground plain is way below my roof. The SWR is 1.2 on ch 1 and 1.3 on ch 40. Do you think it will be lower if I put it on my 30ft pole that my Antron is on? I'm just trying to prevent taking it down once I get it on my pole because its a chore doing it myself. I will lower the top section to get it to match before I put it up. I just have it stuck on this pole not clamped to the side and its only about 8' off the ground. What do you think?

This is going on my 30' push up pole in the background my antron is on. Just trying to get SWR set so I don't have to take it down off my pole once I get it up in the air.

Attachments

• 539209_717547048344745_8342163917715711368_n.jpg
    539209_717547048344745_8342163917715711368_n.jpg
    163.6 KB · Views: 43

It will change when you raise it, probably for the better. I would raise it up and see what happens.

Thanks Dallas. I was thinking the same thing. Tomorrow I'm gonna lower the top section a bit and see if I can get it 1.2 all the way across the band. Then put it up and hope its lower matched when I get it up. I sure hope so. Its a pain trying to tke this thing up and down even on this short pole.

mine was perfect when set at the dimensions posted in the instructions, why are you worried about a 1.2 , 1.3 swr

I'm not worried. It was just like 1.1 with my antron. But I'm sure it will be lower in the air. I'm just gonna match the band at 1.2 and put it up.

Thanks Dallas. I was thinking the same thing. Tomorrow I'm gonna lower the top section a bit and see if I can get it 1.2 all the way across the band. Then put it up and hope its lower matched when I get it up. I sure hope so. Its a pain trying to tke this thing up and down even on this short pole.
At what frequency is it's lowest reading? What frequency do you most want it to be totally flat?

It definitely needs to be shorter. Can you check it below ch.1 to find the frequency where it goes flat?

Reactions: Galaxy 959
It definitely needs to be shorter. Can you check it below ch.1 to find the frequency where it goes flat?
Ok looks like its not what it was when I checked it earlier. Ch8 Freq 27.055 to Ch34 Freq 27.345 its 1.2 above ch 34 and below ch8 its 1.3 so it dont flat anywhere like I have it now. But where its at the radials are almost under my roof on my deck and about 6' below my roof.

Sounds like it's gonna drop to flat once it's in the sky.

How many inches does it measure from the bottom of the mounting base up to the point where the coil meets the radiator?

Sounds like it's gonna drop to flat once it's in the sky.

How many inches does it measure from the bottom of the mounting base up to the point where the coil meets the radiator?
I have no idea about the measurement. I can get it tomorrow. Do you think I just need to put it up like it is and hopefully it will flatten out? If not it will still be ok.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.