• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

New SSB export radio coming soon - RCI X9

Side band is for ducks

And lack of quality AM just might be the proof.

My new PRESIDENT LINCOLN II+ is SSB sharp.
But no one has EVER wanted to know what it is on AM.

The DX-99V2 gets asked about at least weekly.

The Lincoln is the better radio? She’s got a great personality. And fat ankles.

The Linc deserves the FAR better antenna system the Cummins Dodge is slowly getting.

The 99 is King of the Road in my work truck (where AM matters most in high-speed info-gathering) with a KL-7405 to git’er dun.

The AM audio quality of the Linc is superior, but it’s harder to tell how far away the other guys are, or, what direction they’re headed.

The Linc is aptly 10/11/12 Meter, and will be in a vehicle I could conceivably have a variety of antennas to support multi-band. With a yet-bigger KL-7505.

There’s a Yaesu ft450d sitting at the house gathering dust that’ll be backed by a KL-703 I ever get a proper start on an RV install. All sorts of operating modes or bands I can’t presently use.

Have done up two fast & easy mobile radio kits with a McKinley and the other with a U-980 where each has a KL203.

DSP Audio means more than the differences between most of these radios, anyway.

Fit the tool to the job.

Last edited:
Oh ok, I thought there may have been the occasional name dropping or stone throwing as usually done by that guy. At least lescom seems to be a more humble fellow and is informative during his videos. Just my opinion at least. The other guy..... I can't hardly stand to watch his ego fest vids....

Because you drift off and start thinking (like I do) about maybe the need for a haircut or nail trim. Just not paying attention, are we?

For another $70 a guy could have a Galaxy 98VHP. Over 200W. (Clays Radio Shop; on sale).

View attachment 43509

Just won’t fit in console.

I’ll use the same wad of bills and out-perform (talk & hear) the Ranger or the Galaxy with a McKinley, KL203 and WEST MOUNTAIN DSP SPEAKER.

Ranger or Galaxy + DSP is past $600 and pushing $700.

Lincoln + DSP+ KL-203 = $500 and change.
100W. DIN-size.

Or a Galaxy 86V pushing 45W of its own + KL-203 & DSP = a little past $500. 29-size.

All that extra money ain’t buyin’ but 20W to 100W more than this. (50-150W gets the job done in mobile, IMO. 50 kicks the door open and more than 150 won’t matter).

But, some guy wants this Ranger, go get it.
Not knocking attractiveness. I get it.

I’d still like to have a 95T Galaxy,
so everyone get what you will.

Nothing is dumber than putting an amp into a radio chassis. Let's put an oven under the radio so it heat soaks the rest of the radio.

Lets make a mobile radio that has a cheap amp with cheap components. We will guarantee it will not fit in any modern vehicles. In fact we will design it to fit in 1980's Suburban's and Panel vans!

That monstrosity is like putting cleats on the bottom of cowboy boots and selling them as athletic shoes! Maybe stuff some straw in a pair of Wellington's and call them insulated Winter boots!

That said if you earn the money spend how you want just know some of us are laughing our buts off at the money people will throw at bad designs from decades long gone! The only thing funnier are the guys that will pay extra to let some idiot tweak their box or radio to within an inch of it's life! LOL

If they were using quality parts, a sound design and building that radio to fit in a Toyota Camry, Cadillac CT5, Ford Ranger, Ford Focus, Ford Mustang, Chevy Camaro, BMW M340 etc....in a location were you can see the display, work the controls while driving and not look like Jethrow and Granny it would be a different story!

Also paying to go from 100W to 200W is silly that is too small of a increase in watts to be meaningful and definitely not worth the money.

You can also piece meal things like stand alone amp, DSP, Compression/EQ/Noise Gate. On the other hand you have to pay up front for a high power HUGE awkward compromised radio all or nothing! On top of that when something breaks on that radio and it will break you are out everything while it is being sent out for repairs.

If you have separate component's and choose wisely you can mount the radio in one spot and the amp some place else. That means you do not have to drive a pedo wagon just to support your CB habit!

These idiotic Ranger and Galaxy radio's are step's backwards not forwards for the hobby! The Chinese radio designs not just all the radio's built there like the AT-6666 while cheap, handy and a decent design are also not steps forward since they really are not designed for the hobby rather they are being made to work because they already exist and are already in production.

No one on this site would be happy if I took your computer and phone away and gave you 1970-1990 designs in exchange!

Either most people buying radio's today are not actually into the hobby or they are just do not understand what we should have today and are used to just buying what ever manufactures pump out! My phone cost me $149 with no deals and it has 4 camera's, huge hi-res screen, fantastic battery life, insane streaming speed, more memory, storage, processing power etc than my first PC which cost me $1500. Now compare your $149 phone to your $400+ radio! Feel cheated yet?

Last edited:
Reactions: Slowmover

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated