• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

New SSB export radio coming soon - RCI X9

I've got to say, aside from a little quality control follow up, I've owned many a Galaxy radios that have lived long useful lives. My first export was a Galaxy and that rig would talk the highways up really well. Since then had several and still own a few that come out of the box occasionally. I guess we all have an opinion from our own experiences
My experience is probably different from yours because the first Galaxy radio I ever bought was in 2020. I think they all were made in vietnam.

Reactions: Slowmover
Galaxy is built by Ranger and Qixiang Electron Science Technology Co Vietnam is building just about everything else.
Stryker, President, CRT, Anytone, and many more are all based on the one chassis.
All this began back when Uniden produced the PB 010a and the PC 999 boards and Jim Peng started cloning them.
The original Galaxy line was brought on by a couple brothers in the northeast, before the guys down in southern Ca took on the now , Galaxy DX line , that's what brought about them saying they would not warranty anything but the DX radios.

Jeff

The original Galaxy line was brought on by a couple brothers in the northeast, before the guys down in southern Ca took on the now , Galaxy DX line , that's what brought about them saying they would not warranty anything but the DX radios.

Were these related to the Courier "Galaxy" radios at all?

Were these related to the Courier "Galaxy" radios at all?

No.
Courier was there own brand and built a Galaxy model.
Another bit of info is
The "Ranger" 3300 and 3500 radios were built by Clear Channel Communications up in the Pacific North West are often thought to be a RCI product, are not even related.
And even tho RCI built the first ( planet named radios ) galaxy's it was for a different " buyer " so when ( the now galaxy ) radios started being built, they included this note on there web site.

• Before contacting us, please be aware that we are the importer of the Galaxy "DX" radios only -- we do not provide information or product support for the Pluto, Sirius, Melaka, Saturn or Saturn Turbo.

The two are not the same.
Just like the Cobra 150 and 200 had a Cobra Name , but RCI built them and Cobra would have nothing to do with them if you asked.
Asking them about these radios got you a " deer in the headlights " reply just like the Cobra DX models.

Jeff

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.