• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

New (to me) radio

CK: I flipped out and you would have also at the INDY Hamfest few weeks back...Must have been 10 (at least) KW Hybrids there for sale 520's-830's...some very nice...some OK...Best set I seen was 520S+ VFO 820/spr for (you ready!) $250 USD...seen a clean 830 for $275 USD...if somebody needed a starter rig it was there...
HW101/Spr /HP23C-PS...as new looking as I had seen in a few yrs...ONE OWNER/now SK(RCA ENG'r)....$250USD...I almost took it home..
Have a Great Day All
All the Best
Gary

Reactions: 2RT307
CK: at the INDY Hamfest few weeks back...Must have been 10 (at least) KW Hybrids there for sale 520's-830's...some very nice...some OK...Best set I seen was 520S+ VFO 820/spr for (you ready!) $250 USD...seen a clean 830 for $275 USD..

Wow that is so much more variety then what I've been seeing. One recent local hamfest had one TS-530. The only related accessory was another guy with MC-50 that had been wired for something else.

I couldn't pass on this 830. Last summer I bought an exceptional Icom IC-271A from a ham in Texas. This guy buys older radios in great condition and then updates them even further. Had the IC-271A been in the original factory packaging he could have passed if off as new old stock. The 271 was update with non volatile memory, pre-amp and LED lights.

Some time later had the 830s for sale in a set with the matching tuner, station monitor and speaker. I really wanted everything but it was a little too pricey. He rebuilt the VFO and it is smooth as any I've ever used. VFO stabilizer kit and new led lights. Cosmetically there isn't a mark on it. I think overall the receiver is better than my FTDX-1200 even with all the DSP bells and whistles and easier to listen to.

Reactions: 2RT307

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated