• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
  • Notice: You may not use this site to facilitate the unauthorized selling of copyrighted material including, but not limited to, in the public dxForums, dxGallery, dxChat and private messsages. If you get caught doing this, you will be permanently banned with no second chances. A notice will be placed on the site of why you were banned and any information collected by this site about you will be made known to the copyright holder.

New (to me) radio

BJ radionut

Supporting Member and 6m addict
May 9, 2008
35 miles East of Indianapolis
CK: I flipped out and you would have also at the INDY Hamfest few weeks back...Must have been 10 (at least) KW Hybrids there for sale 520's-830's...some very nice...some OK...Best set I seen was 520S+ VFO 820/spr for (you ready!) $250 USD...seen a clean 830 for $275 USD...if somebody needed a starter rig it was there...
HW101/Spr /HP23C-PS...as new looking as I had seen in a few yrs...ONE OWNER/now SK(RCA ENG'r)....$250USD...I almost took it home..
Have a Great Day All
All the Best
Gary

Reactions: 2RT307

6meter

Apr 19, 2010
CK: at the INDY Hamfest few weeks back...Must have been 10 (at least) KW Hybrids there for sale 520's-830's...some very nice...some OK...Best set I seen was 520S+ VFO 820/spr for (you ready!) $250 USD...seen a clean 830 for $275 USD..

Wow that is so much more variety then what I've been seeing. One recent local hamfest had one TS-530. The only related accessory was another guy with MC-50 that had been wired for something else.

RatsoW8

Supporting Member, W9WDX ARC Member - WD8T
Nov 3, 2009
West Central Michigan
I couldn't pass on this 830. Last summer I bought an exceptional Icom IC-271A from a ham in Texas. This guy buys older radios in great condition and then updates them even further. Had the IC-271A been in the original factory packaging he could have passed if off as new old stock. The 271 was update with non volatile memory, pre-amp and LED lights.

Some time later had the 830s for sale in a set with the matching tuner, station monitor and speaker. I really wanted everything but it was a little too pricey. He rebuilt the VFO and it is smooth as any I've ever used. VFO stabilizer kit and new led lights. Cosmetically there isn't a mark on it. I think overall the receiver is better than my FTDX-1200 even with all the DSP bells and whistles and easier to listen to.

Reactions: 2RT307

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.