• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

New to the forum

AxlMyk

Feb 21, 2022
The Hartland of Michigan
...but not to life or CB radio. Long time resident of the village of Hartland, Michigan.

I was a big-time CB operator back in the 70-80s. Siltronix 1011-D feeding a 1.2kw barn burner linear, into a 5 el. Long John Yagi. Oh, those were the days. Almost got me divorced. I've still got my QSL cards from back then.
Now, here I am, retired 18yrs, kicking back on a daily basis, and enjoying life with my wife.

I bought a Sirio GPE 27 5/8 wave antenna a couple weeks ago, and just yesterday ordered an Anytone AT-5555n radio. I plan on hanging around 38lsb once I get things up and running.

This radio seems to get fairly high ratings, but sources of info seem to be slim. I have the schematic that was posted in a thread here. But tuning info seems to be scarce. Has any new info been found on these radios?

73s.
Myk
SPT-135

Welcome to the forum AxlMyk.

You will probably enjoy your AT5555. There are many here who speak highly of them. Am certain you will hear from someone before too long.

73 sir

Reactions: Eldorado828
The 5555N does what it was made to do very well. I'll tell you, you really won't need to do anything inside though. Out of the box it works, but......
You do need to add the blob in order to get 11 meters.
After that, you're on the air.

I bought one after talking with 828 and have not been disappointed. I added the “blob”, connected the programming cord pigtail and put the covers back on. Radio works great. i did make an RJ45 to 4 pin mic connector so I could use different microphones, I do not care for the stock mic mainly because of its size.

I talked half around the world with that 1011-D. It was an impressive radio sitting on a desk with all the Sil. accessories.
I had the 5el Long John on a flip-flop rotor and would set it horiz, turn it SW, and pretend I was in Au. Everyone in Ca. would turn their beams to Au. thinking they were making the trip, when I was actually coming through the backside of their beams. I'd mess with them a while then disappear. It was a great way to clear the channel so we could talk local.

So now I'm getting ready to get back into radio, on a limited basis. I figure the Sirio antenna and the 5555n ought to work pretty well for that. Maybe catch some skip at times.

R.632c05b96ef6045a3de4e51af7133558

swanad.jpg

I had couple different versions...Had I known that the SWAN 1011 would be so rare now...would have kept one.
The SWAN version was actually first, marketed as Amateur Equipment. (Which is what it was)
However as soon as the old school Hams (most of which were around when the FCC stole 11m)
They thru a "Hizzy" fit, when the 11m mod was so easy...Complained to FCC, old man Gonset moved the production to different address and relabeled Siltronic's:cool::love:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.