• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

New to the forum

Good idea with the cable. I did the same. I'll put some shrink or plastic tube on the end so it doesn't short something out.

The computer connected to the radio, I DL'd the radio memory, made a few changes, and UL'd it. Easy Peasy. The radio name is now MYK-1.

I noticed band D is preset for 11m channels. Nice.

Right now I'm limited to a mobile antenna on top of the dryer. SWR is under 2:1. It's a bit cold out for me to be climbing to the roof to put the Sirio antenna up. I've been picking up a few stations this morning, just not going to try raising them.

Last edited:
Reactions: Eldorado828
Good idea with the cable. I did the same. I'll put some shrink or plastic tube on the end so it doesn't short something out.

The computer connected to the radio, I DL'd the radio memory, made a few changes, and UL'd it. Easy Peasy. The radio name is now MYK-1.

I noticed band D is preset for 11m channels. Nice.

Right now I'm limited to a mobile antenna on top of the dryer. SWR is under 2:1. It's a bit cold out for me to be climbing to the roof to put the Sirio antenna up. I've been picking up a few stations this morning, just not going to try raising them.
Good deal, you're on the right road. That standing wave is a little high for comfort and those 13n10's won't like it either. I'd be hesitant to transmit with it too.

WELCOME to the forum...I think your going to find that 5555s a nice radio I have the 6666 and have talked all over the USA and into the UK and thats with it out of the box no power modes .Good luck with the new radio and have a great day . wdx708

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.