• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

New Uniden pro 510 XL

basstracker1970

Nov 6, 2012
I have one of the new Uniden pro 510xl radios with the new style board. I figured out how to adjust the power but could someone please tell me where the mod limiter is in this radio? Thank you a million for any help...

Yea I would just find the modulation pot and turn it up a tad. There is really not a whole lot to do to those dinky radio's.

Found it d203 solder side of board. It is a surface mount resistor. Removed it swings 20w now with loud modulation. Using stock mike and everyone says it's clear, clean, and loud 73sssssssssss.

I don't think a Irf-520n mosfet transistor is a 4 w transistor ?????? The new boards come with mosfets in them. Maybe you need to do some research before you get on here and start being a smart A##.

I don't think a Irf-520n mosfet transistor is a 4 w transistor ?????? The new boards come with mosfets in them. Maybe you need to do some research before you get on here and start being a smart A##.

My bad. 510 with irf are not yet avaliable on this side of big water. Only 2sc2078.
What is amperage taken from power supply when it is transmitting 40W?
Mike

Last edited:
DO NOT remove the Mod limiter unless of course you like having a SPLATTER BOX. Putting a power mic on it would be better that removing the limiter.

How long have you been a CBer? You say a 510 will audio splatter if you remove the limiter?
Putting a power mic on a CB radio causes way more splatter than taking a limiter out of a $45 radio.

Mine has the Irf-520 mosfet I looked at it so think what you want dude. You are just trying to cover your A## here. I was just asking a question to get some help that's all. I didn't ask for any smartA## comments. My radio doesn't splatter either. Im sure if I hooked up a big power mic it may but the factory mike sounds best on it. 73'sssssssssssssss

Mine has the Irf-520 mosfet I looked at it so think what you want dude. You are just trying to cover your A## here. I was just asking a question to get some help that's all. I didn't ask for any smartA## comments. My radio doesn't splatter either. Im sure if I hooked up a big power mic it may but the factory mike sounds best on it. 73'sssssssssssssss

I have one of these little radios I bought in about 2001 and it sounded best with the stock mic. infact after peaking it it got very loud and still works just fine. that little stock mic has a lot of audio to it. I had tried a rk56 and a stock cobra mic and the stock one sounded the best.

I have one of these little radios I bought in about 2001 and it sounded best with the stock mic. infact after peaking it it got very loud and still works just fine. that little stock mic has a lot of audio to it. I had tried a rk56 and a stock cobra mic and the stock one sounded the best.

I have a cousin to the 510, (the 520), and my tech told me the same thing. He mentioned it's an electret rather than a dynamic, and that it matched the radio very well. Neat little rigs for little space, and they actually perform great for the money invested.

RT307

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.