• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

New User needs advise

I think the firewall is also aluminum. It is also better to use a flat braid for straps seeing RF travels only on the surface skin of your ground strap. Freightliner is not making this easy for you.
Ok. Sounds like straight down will be better. Hinge to hinge and under fairing to frame rail.

Well, I don’t want to give advice on something I have never played with, but being a single bolt represents to me a single point of failure. I would ensure that the internal threads that the perch is mounted to are perfectly clean.

Ok. Sounds like straight down will be better. Hinge to hinge and under fairing to frame rail.
Your kind of between a rock and a hard place on this one. Strap length is usually kept under 10" in length to prevent ground loops. All I can say is try your best and keep them as short as possible.

Jeez, that mount sure doesn’t offer you much in the way of clearance.

If it were me I’d be shopping for a perch that attached to two bolts, and get the perch far enough from the mirror that I could work on it.

I can slide the mount in or out to the end of the perch that is just where I placed it. Ground is good reads zero ohms on a multi meter.

Out of curiosity...have you tried using a difference piece of coax? I was just posting in another thread earlier, brand new jumper from a dealer = dead short center pin to shield.

Sounds like you have a multimeter. I would leave the end connected to the antenna, and check from the other end and make sure it’s not a direct short.

Also, does the radio seem to receive ok when the antenna is connected?

In your meter picture, are we looking at reflected power in watts, or is that actual SWR?

I went looking around at some of these mounts just out of curiosity, seems most people are happy with them, and any negative comments I saw were unrelated to tuning issues. I just mention that because I doubt most folks posting on CB sites and reviewing on Amazon have gone through the trouble to bond the hinges and etc.

The pictures are swr readings after calibration. Even changed the shaft to the 5 inch, thinking it may be to long. Got the same swr results. I am Truly stumped.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated