• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Newbie needs advice on the proper CB

Cold Beer said:
will not have wasted money having to upgrade in six months as all of us others probably have done quote]

Boy that's the truth! I bet most of us started off with small radios and antennas and ended up with the big stuff ;) then the wife wants a radio but don't want that big antenna, so we start all over again and end up with other big antenna :p

So what happens when someone tunes a radio? What do they do? Why can't it be done at the factory and save me the trouble and expense? Where would I send a unit to get it tuned?

Oh, and where do I find information on proper CB etiquette? I don't want to get one and then make a bunch of enemies by being unintentionally rude.

deadgoon42 said:
So what happens when someone tunes a radio? What do they do? Why can't it be done at the factory and save me the trouble and expense? Where would I send a unit to get it tuned?

Oh, and where do I find information on proper CB etiquette? I don't want to get one and then make a bunch of enemies by being unintentionally rude.

they are tuned and aligned to legal specs at the factory. hook it up. talk on it and dont be an ass. you will be fine.

#1 tip dont ask for radio check's. just talk normal like you do evry day. you will find someone that the locals trust to set it up better if it needs it.

get a uniden they make an excellent product. i myself has a pc68xl its an excellent basic cb no weather tho but im sure along the way the guys on 19 would be more than happy to share info on that. just dont talk to the goof balls. youll identify them immediately. but should you want to listen to goof balls turn on channel 6 but dont try to say anything because they wont here you and theyll yell at you. so stay away from TAlking on it. WELCOME TO THE FORUM. HAVE FUN WITH YOUR CB. if your ever up near connecticut give me a holler. im on channel 22 AM (regular cb channel22) the pc68xl
As for places to buy them. you can try www.claysradioshop.com they have the full uniden line up i think. 73's

I have a unidenpc68ltw nice little radio.DTB Radio did all the work too it.I give DTB Mad props he knows his chit. Does 40 watts.I'm very happy.I run a wilson fiberglass 4 ft antenna its called the silver load also known as fgt,run it on a daycab tractor its good for what i do split seat.Have no complaints at all.Welcome to the forum.Sandbagger

Check out this site www.dtbradio.com

73's as always

FL Native said:
deadgoon42 said:

they are tuned and aligned to legal specs at the factory. hook it up. talk on it and dont be an ass. you will be fine.

#1 tip dont ask for radio check's. just talk normal like you do evry day. you will find someone that the locals trust to set it up better if it needs it.
.........Very good tip, after you're in the hobby for awhile, you will notice that people who constantly ask for radio checks either get ignored....or lied to (you're squeeling, no modulation or...."you got me in the strawberry patch.....50 miles away") ;)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.