• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Newbie needs info please??

M

Mikey007

Hello all, this is my first post on your boards. I have been lurking around for some time now and enjoy all the info. I drive for a living and always use my cb. I recently bought a Cobra 29 LTD WX which as I read here is a pretty decent CB! It works great but I was just wondering a few things.

Here is the CB:

DSC02196.jpg

Now my question. In the next pic on the back of the CB is a little box on the left hand side of the antenna port. What does this do? I noticed it is not a factory piece. I was told this CB was taken to a radio shop and tuned so I'm not sure what exactly has been done. It works great and I get alot of range, it's alot clearer than my Uniden 510 xl, and my Cobra DX II.

DSC02198.jpg

Thanx for your help I appreciate it!

Mike

</p>

I agree with 12 volt, it looks like it is wired in line with the power cord, and is used as a choke to help stop noise from getting in.

If you open some of the large in line noise filters, you would find a "transformer" and a capacitor

The transformers only has two wires coming out of it, this is not really a transformer, it is a very large choke.

Jeff

<span style="color:eek:range;font-family:helvetica;font-size:large;">RadioActive</span>

20040427_0100_eit_171.gif

</p>

I agree with Jeff & 12 volt. The pictures aren't that clear, but from the way it's wired...it's just being used as a noise filter. If you go buy one of those ignition noise filters from radio shack or the the rf limited one, it's just a transformer and some torroids...

</p>

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.