• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Newbie saying Hi

Dan, welcome to the forum glad to have you aboard! You’ll find a smattering of just about everything from Cb to Amateur radio. Welcome to the hobby sir.

You’ll find very good people here ready to help out. There are seasoned professionals to the casual users and everything in between.

Brad
KE0XS
South of Pittsburg

I have no idea what I am doing
like most of us
please be easy on me
nothing doing , you get the full initiation just like any other mud duck :)

Hamstudy.org make sure to register so you can track your progress https://signalstuff.com/ to get a real antenna for the bo funk and support Hamstudy.org while you're at it .
Study the general along with your tech. Take at least the tech and the general at the first go as the general is somewhat like the tech, enough so that it makes sense to study for and take both. The Extra can wait , or not.

You lucked out and got greetings from some of our best before I could scare , drive, or piss you off.

:)

Desire will run up against Need and you’ll juggle both to get the system(s) in place.

Hardest thing for me was (mentally) to align myself with buying new tools. Tool Systems.

That
hurdle crossed, my willingness took new steps in NOT accepting lesser performance (given my particular juggalo of Need & Desire).

I’m an 11-Meter guy who’s moving up from being a CB Radio owner.

If mobile operation is anticipated, The Mobile Install Guide: www.k0bg.com was my introduction to terms and concerns. Highly handy detailed reference.

Last edited:
hey hey hey,, I am also new but, everyone here seems to be great and just here to enjoy.
Cheers,
Mad

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.