• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

dave s

Aug 22, 2010
Hi all.

I'm new to the forum and though that this might be the right section to say hello.

I live near Birmingham (the real one in England ;)).

I know virtually nothing about CB, Radio Ham or anything to do with the subject.

I hope you don't mind me joining as I do have an alterior motive.

I'd better explain and then, if the mods are not happy with the reason for my joining, I will understand and step down gracefully.

I have been clearing out my late mothers house and have come across a toy from my childhood.

It is a 'Space Patrol Base Station Tranceiver with AM Radio' made in 1978 by Archer (Radio Shack) it is their Cat # 60-4010.

It has the AM Radio Tuner, A 40 Channel CB receiver (27Mhz) and a Channel 3 Tranceiver (49.860Mhz) with a mike and a morse key.

If it helps I can take some photo's and post them.

It is as new, boxed with all its original packaging and instruction book.

As with other items I was going to put it on eBay but having done a search for others it seems that the market for them is very much in America. If I list it on eBay here it will only be seen in the UK.

During one of my searches I found a link to this forum because a similar unit (not the same) had been mentioned within your eBay section.

Can any of you suggest a way that I can advertise this unit so that people who would be interested in it would get to know about it?

Also, would anyone have any idea what it would cost to send it to America.

Many thanks for your anticipated help.

Dave.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.