• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Nice but still olny a cobra 2000

we tested the out the 45acp on some old bowling balls 20 yrs ago and the 45 made it move barely..the 357mag on the other hand disentigrated it the first shot into many peices..
however i def would not want to be shot with either..

and either one would destroy a cobra 2000 :D

I own 3 Cobra 2000s 2 of which are NOS and the other has been my workhorse for 15 years.
Why spend $600-$1200(Superhawk) 2000 when you can Ebay a NOS cobra 148 and a 15 amp power supply for about $325 and have the same great talking and receiving radio.
Export base and mobiles are nothing compared to these old school radios.

Eh, i have owned about 10 2000s over the years and NONE of them really impressed me...

That's like saying a Hemi Dart, in Super Stock drag racing, doesn't impress you. LOL
Best receive of all CB/Export radios and heavy audio impress the hell out of me.

The "A" models didn't have the audio like the plain 201's had, thanks to the FCC

and everyone seems to like the A models better..i dont
see why as i have 1 of each and the 23 ch model gets all the same channels and has better features imo,like the hands free vox,and mine all works right thankfully.
not to mention i can hook up 3 different radios and the older 201 recieves like crazy compared to others and everyone says it talks loud and proud.
but when looking under the bottom covers the 201a sure is simpler than the rats nest in the 201..
and to think this will be my first time ever,changing out all them caps and diodes in a couple weeks:headbang

Yeah, I was dragging my feet on ordering from there, hoping I could find somewhere for cheaper. No luck so I ordered a couple from Greg yesterday. I'm sure I could resell them to someone in IRAN, if I don't use them, for a good price. Sorry!! ... just kidding NSA collector.
Klondike Mike. Watched your vids on you tube on radio repairs and rehabs, EXCELLENT!!!. Did you ever get around to Part 3 on the Realistic TRC-457 rehab???

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated