• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

nitro 300 or varmit xl450

very nice.
I circled the caps I saw in red for the style I'm familiar with, the ones in yellow I'm not familiar with. I don't think I've seen caps with connections on either end before, not that I've seen a lot, but there's enough visible writing on the orange one anyway to tell. the silver ones may not be caps, but I think they probably are.
the one circled in blue... no idea what's going on there. looks like a adjustable cap? no idea if such a thing even exist.

Attachments

• d201 and h 004.JPG
    d201 and h 004.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 4
  • tram 015.JPG
    tram 015.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 3
thanks cowboy! if its there its def original and meant for something id think lol..it has the hands free vox built in it so poss to do with that,i have no clue.
you already no much more than me for sure...
i have a message out to alan for a price in the future to redo all the caps and whatever it needs to last another 40 yrs,and every adjustment thats in my manuel..it calls for prob 6 or so different tools i never even heard of for these adjustments.
everything on the d201 works as it should since adjusting the output,and i adjusted the meter from the manuel instructions and got lucky i will say..

dad says the hands free vox works also but i dont need that..
but from what i hear alan is the man to check it out.;)

the insides look new compared to the d201a as it has been used..but,all the knobs and switches work great on it also and someday ,if ever,i can sell used parts from it..the channel selector they say goes bad on it works perfectly also..

ok fellas,i have a local with this amp,,he says it puts out right at 1kw.
says its all homemade he was told and he had it for 20 yrs and not used it since 94..
he if so confident he said i was welcome to bring someone with meters and tools to check it out before i payed for it also..that tells me he seems honest about it..so now im intrested for the dirt cheap price.
not tha i need that many watts but a couple bucks seems cheap for 1kw,even if it is a few hundred less.
he said when he last used it he got very good reports from everywhere he talked on ssb,but didnt mention am..said he is a ham operator and only used it on 10 meter..
even asked me if i had a ham ticket..
i said as of yet ive not had any tickets,the neighbors have sattelite,hahahah

if its homemade it must be from a diffrent amp cause the outside looks great to me..he is geting me pics "close ups"of the inside front and rear..im kinda hoping it has a imac in it ,,or2 but im not that lucky..if the inside dont look like spaghetti i may take a chance for a couple bills..

edit;im watching the grandkids till 3 am and dont have my glasses or a magnifier lol,,but if someone can make this biggger ,i can almost make out everything it says on the front,,any help? thanks fellas..also the 2 tube holes on top make me think it has 2 imacs,,am i dreaming?

what yall think?plus i see a number 3 on the desk,,and all dale earnhardt fans are honest right:LOL:
this look fmiliar to anyone..maybe i should post thread to see if anyone seen the "body"of this before?..i guess a old heathkit but im just guessing.

Attachments

• 1kw amp.jpg
    1kw amp.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 21

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.