• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

nitro 300A

donemad

Jun 21, 2008
plse, any help...does anyone know who makes this amp.its a nitro 300A & how many watts its supposed to do?. it has 5 tubes in it ,,,,,1 driving 4 & they are all 6lq6 or is this just some kind or modulator.thanks

buy the tubes thats in it,its probably a old low drive cb sweep tube amp. i probably would try it out with a radio with no more than a 2 to 4 watts dead key and a 15 or so watt pep swing to it. other than that i dont know. it was probably made during the cb hayday. try to google nitro 300a tube amp or nitro 300a cb amp. you might have some luck.

Has been a bunch of these on Ebay lately. They were made by Transel Corporation, I imagine the maker rated it at 300 watts, was typical back then to relate output with the name. Practically speaking 200-250 carrier is probably a good number to see out of it and still retain some longevity on the tubes.

190 is correct in his assumption, this is just another sweep tube amp built for CB.

Transel Nitro 300A

anyone have a schemadic for this amp.A frend needs it.Email it to me if you can,secret cb and cb tricks just have pictures of it.73 de n0zna
Did you ever find a schematic for the Nitro 300A?
Look forward to hearing! If so I need a copy please.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.