• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

nitro knobs?

They are not horribly difficult, but their quality is not that good in my opinion. I've been seeing several now that have been in for a while, and are starting to fail. Resistors are burning out and/or breaking loose for long-term heating/cooling cycles. Its also relatively easy to inadvertantly short part of the little LED carrier board against the chassis of the radio, which can lead to burnt curcuit traces on the main board.

They are not horribly difficult, but their quality is not that good in my opinion. I've been seeing several now that have been in for a while, and are starting to fail. Resistors are burning out and/or breaking loose for long-term heating/cooling cycles. Its also relatively easy to inadvertantly short part of the little LED carrier board against the chassis of the radio, which can lead to burnt curcuit traces on the main board.

In other words they're catching fire!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.