• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

no edit facility

dave s

Aug 22, 2010
I've posted an advert in the SwapShop section but it appears that posts cannot be edited once submitted....Why?

I've posted an advert in the SwapShop section but it appears that posts cannot be edited once submitted....Why?

You get to edit your posts in the Swap Forum, as well as access to the Members Only Forums, by becoming a Subscribing-Premium Member. The donation-fee is as low as $15 and goes to help run the site and pay for the yearly Father's Day Gear Give-Away.

It also helps maintain an accurate description of the goods being presented for sale. People can and have posted something and then edited the original post after the item was sold leaving no record of what they originally stated the quality was.

Reactions: mackmobile43
doesn't make sense to me....

how am I supposed to drop the price now? and have it listed in the title of the original post for people watching my add to follow?

doesn't make sense to me....

how am I supposed to drop the price now? and have it listed in the title of the original post for people watching my add to follow?

Post a reply to your own post or start a new thread and let the other one die. If it was me, I wouldn't post the price in the title anyway because I want people to have to click on the ad to read it :tongue:.

As mentioned, there have been incidents of someone editing their posts after an item sold, changing the description of the item in an attempt to cover up something that the buyer was disgruntled about. That's why editing is disabled except for premium members.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.