• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

No more canned air dusters

Well, I guess that is good news for those w/o the use of an air compressor.

But the canned air had a very important second use:
It makes an excellent and semi-cheap freeze spray for finding a shorted part on a circuit board. Simply tip the can upside down and then spray it on part of a circuit board that you suspect has a shorted component. The spray freezes all of the water in the air in front of it and on to the board, turn the device under test on, and the shorted part is the first part that will melt the freeze.

I like that. But I also like my 20lb cylinder of nitrogen, regulator and some small line with a little blower on the end. I might get one of those too though, pretty cool.

Reactions: Slowmover
mine are terrified of it. It spins at 30k RPM. Brutal thing.

Few things are as funny as being invited into a home and invited to take a seat while your host starts a pot of coffee in the kitchen, the two of you conversing out of sight of one another.

But what isn’t out of sight is a Roomba-ridin’ Kitty Commuter going past the dining room doorway.

Once.

House-broken for the 21st Century

“Now boarding at Track Seven for Big Litterbox and all points beyond, . . . . “

Last edited:
Reactions: NZ8N and Tokin

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.