• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

No name amp

triple nickle

Dec 7, 2009
Heart of the Ozarks Nixa Mo.
Here is a pic of an amp i bought. It has 2-2879's also there is a SSB switch a Rec. switch a power on and off switch and a lo-med-hi knob on this amp. Was wondering if this could possibly be a ab class off the wall Messenger Amp ??

Attachments

• cb 167.JPG
    cb 167.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 5

I have seen quite a few exactly like that going under the Messenger name. I'm not sure who builds them. I have heard two different ones they sound ok that's about all I know.:blink:

looks alot like the front of a cobra xl 500, too. it's obviously not, but does look alot like one. i'm stumped. so many folks have made amps over the years it's really hard to tell. maybe someone will pipe up with the manufacturer.

Thank you all for your input. I just hope that it is clean on SSB. I hope that it is an ab class. I will take it out to my tech and test it and set it up to my RCI-2950 as soon as the snow stops and the -15 deg. stops. This is the coldest i have seen around the Ozarks in over 20 yrs. Very strange weather we're havin

Here is a pic of an amp i bought. It has 2-2879's also there is a SSB switch a Rec. switch a power on and off switch and a lo-med-hi knob on this amp. Was wondering if this could possibly be a ab class off the wall Messenger Amp ??

Looks like a Messenger 350.

As stated it looks like a Messenger amp. You don 't need to have anything matched to your 2950. That radio has variable power, just set the AM carrier on the radio so the amp dead keys on Hi 25% of it's peak output. On SSB you can run the variable on the radio where ever you want.

Here you go.

MESSINGER 4 PILL 10 METER MOBILE AMPLIFIER 80 TO 10 METERS 3 STAGE WITH RECEIVE PRE-AMP, SSB DELAY SWITCH HAS 4-1446 PILLS.

http://www.rrcom.com/pictures/preown/rr03.jpg

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.