1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice

No TRANSMET on Cobra 148 gtl newer Front Mike

Discussion in 'General CB Services Discussion' started by snow bird, Oct 11, 2018.

1. snow bird

snow bird Member

Have RX on pa speaker but no RX on am or sb. Metter reading on rec but no movement on Tx I have looked for lose wires bad solder joints ? help me if you can? their used to be a pic of A tx Repair on C B tricks. Posted by Raido Tech or Andy I dont rember witch one . But would love to see one with voltage reading may be help me learn a little more aboutC B repair

2. Robb

Robb Yup

Are you using the stock mic that came with the radio?

3. snow bird

snow bird Member

Yes It worked befoe we Moved Was boxed up in the box and padding it came with just un packed it now it dose not rx recive good all moder I have tryed a outher off a dx 55 hp and same thing

4. Handy Andy

Handy Andy Do Your Research First, Then Decide...

SIGH...Try this...

You can get the factory service manual here
    CBTricksCobra148GTLLink.png
    And you'll get a screen like this ....
    Look for the links in purple down on the page - by the GREEN ARROW
    CBTricksCobra148GTL.jpg

That IS my Go-To page...

It's so easy, even I can do it!

It's more than likely a dried out cap or two - or even a funky dirty switch.

When the get packed up and stored they seem to dry out faster - you may have a re-cap on your hands.

Robb likes this.
  5. sonoma

sonoma Sr. Member

Robalo likes this.
  6. Robalo

Robalo Active Member

you know it . that the main problem on this radio . i wish i know the mod to remove that board and make it stronger after all there are good radios.