• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

noise from router..

Unplug the Cat5 cables from the router temporarily and see if it goes away. I found that in my house the cat5 is radiating from the router and the antenna is picking it up. My antennas are on my roof, directly over some long Cat5 runs. I've gone through 3 or 4 routers trying to find one that is a little quieter. I've also found that devices attached to the other side of the coax (switches, DVRs, Xbox, etc.) can also make the problem worse. I've tried numerous methods to try and filter it out at the rig to no success. Good luck...

would wrapping a few turns of the CAT5 cable through a ferrite choke help the problem?
or does that mess with the signals the CAT5 is carrying?
hmmm...
LC

i tried the coils right at the router and right at the computer.no luck..you,d think if you dont have a lap top and dont need the router to be wirerless there would be a way to make the router a wired system only and stop the interference probleem..

maybe it's NOT the router!

Your CB could be unshielded, or poorly made. What kind of CB do you have?

Does the router and CB plug into the same circuit or outlet?

i tried the coils right at the router and right at the computer.no luck..you,d think if you dont have a lap top and dont need the router to be wirerless there would be a way to make the router a wired system only and stop the interference probleem..

There is. You have to log into the router. Grab the manual and read. It will tell you how to log into the router.

forumulamojo..done did that already n still got the noise..theres a local here who is a tech and local cb genius and even he has the same problem..startin ta think this is just front end overload and theres nothing to be done..i even asked the guy at staples for a wired only router and he said they dont make them..

My guess is the router is a Linksys, No matter what you do it will interfere. I was on the phone with Linksys for over an hour and the problem still exists. If you search on the internet there are a lot of people having problems with interference. It is a design problem, But Linksys will try to lead you to believe it is a defective unit. Mine even interferes with my home stereo. Check out this link: LinkSys Router Interference To Ham Radio Bands - LinkSys RFI/EMI Problems! I hope this helps you out. I think it's time to get out your hammer!

I don't think it's coming from the wireless side since the wireless network runs 2.4ghz frequency range. I think it's coming from the switch side. I have experienced hubs or switches putting out RFI over cat5.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.