1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This forum does not allow a single user to have more than one username. If anyone wants to change their username contact an admin and it will be done. Multiple accounts belonging to the same member will be deleted without warning.

Northern Canada...

Discussion in 'Interesting DX Contacts' started by DXman, May 1, 2021.

1. DXman

DXman Yes, that's 3100 degrees F. Nine yrs of hard work.

Last week I was able to make a good contact to the region of NWT (Northwest Territories), Yellowknife does not have many radio op's there (maybe 3-4).
    What was kinda unique was, this is the same time frame (April) that we had made contact last year with each other on 38 lsb.

Also going back - my last contact to Yellowknife was way back in '81.

northwestterritoriesrap.gif

2. ForestRunner98

ForestRunner98 917 SoCal

That’s cool!!! Furthest north I made it from here in SoCal is Saskatchewan on 38lsb. Have to admit it was a highlight for me!!

3. TIN_CAN

TIN_CAN Sr. Member

Good job on that contact, that's a rarity for sure!

Slowmover and ForestRunner98 like this.
  4. fourstringburn

fourstringburn W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member K5KNM

Nice contact for sure, that's tuff to get on any band.

Does that op QSL?

Slowmover likes this.
  5. The20poundhammer

The20poundhammer Sr. Member

Way back in the early 80's made a contact with someone there in Yellowknife on 11m am but been so long ago cant remember their call lol

6. DXman

DXman Yes, that's 3100 degrees F. Nine yrs of hard work.

Well now that is something that I never thought to ask him about QSLing. But I will probably have to ask him next year.

He did say that he has only been there for 10 yrs. and that he was originally from Newfoundland.

I forgot to mention - the contact took place right close to 9:00pm (Pacific), the Aurora oval was very close to touching the top of Washington at the time.

#6 DXman, May 2, 2021
    Last edited: May 2, 2021
    Shadetree Mechanic likes this.