• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Northstar Channel Conversion

jammeejoe

Aug 8, 2005
East Texas
Does anyone know how to actually do the channel conversion for the northstar 9500? I have read everything I can and it says to cut the small loop on the channel board and then re-connect the yellow wire to get 11 meters. I can't see a small loop and every yellow wire is intact and not seperated. This is a nos radio. Has anyone had experience with this radio? Thanks in advance

found this of bills

Remove Bottom cover.
Locate the small board that has the channel selector attached to it. On the right rear corner of this small board locate the small wire loop and cut it open. This is about 3/16 of an inch loop. Open, or cut this wire loop, right against the board.
Now locate the "YELLOW" wire that comes from the edge connector of this same little board that has the Channel selector. It runs over to the Bright/Dim switch. Some Place in the middle of this wire you will see a black heat shrink tubing over the wire. You must cut away that tubing, and reconnect the yellow wire, as it is an open connection under that heat shrink.
Re Assemble radio.
To select a band, you must place the dim switch all the way to DIM. This will now display a n1, n2, n3.... n8 in the channel selector window. The CB Band is band 5 for most NS series, except the NS-3000. Which is band 4.
Once you have selected the band you want, place Bright/DIM switch back to bright. You are now on that band of operation.

Hope you have better luck with yours than I have with my NS-450-BFM.
It starts heating the minute you turn it on and gets red hot when in transmit.
My local tech that has never backed down from a radio opened it up, looked at it and said he didn't want anything to do with it. :blink:

So far it is a good looking radio sitting on the shelf. :laugh:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.