• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Not at all happy

That's what I've been hearing as well. It's only got a single MOSFET though, so it probably won't be a juiced-up powerhouse. Bells CB gave it a tune-up before shipping it out so hopefully the modulation will at least be respectable. We shall see...

Bells CB does respectable work (I bought my last two radios from him). Also -- something I didn't realize until recently -- he puts tune-up reports for all of his customers on YouTube. Eventually you'll see yours there. :pop:

I think he meant that after peak, AM=30 watts, SSB= 15 watts. The Uniden 980 is AM and SSB capable- usually SSB puts out greater wattage than AM on the same radio. Gonna keep my eye on this radio, looks like a winner but I'm gonna wait and see before buying how long the display lasts and the ease (or not) of replacement display if necessary as well as mods. I believe the display was a weakness in one of the previous Uniden radios models.

I was also looking at the new Uniden 980 saw the report on CB radio mag. Looks like a nice radio, While not an AM monster. I think he said there wasn't a whole lotta swing on AM but was sounding good just the same. Will they do 30 watts on AM ???? questionable

I was also looking at the new Uniden 980 saw the report on CB radio mag. Looks like a nice radio, While not an AM monster. I think he said there wasn't a whole lotta swing on AM but was sounding good just the same. Will they do 30 watts on AM ???? questionable

I don't know if it's apples vs oranges here, but Jessejames mentioned the Galaxy DX919. I have the DX939 Mosfet, and that silly thing does close to 30 watts out after being tuned. If the 919 tunes the same way, it's probably worth looking at.

My question with the refurbed 959's is: Do they have the new Mosfets or not? How do you know when you order one? I know they made a bazillion of these rigs, so there are bound to be some of the older models that have been refurbed and are being sold now.

RT307

seen it the ssb version bot ssb and am only does 15 after a tune up the full am version of the radio does 30

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.