• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

NOT Happy with Yaesu at this time!

Greg T

WDX-945 (Jazz Singer) Upper Peninsula of Michigan
Sep 18, 2014
Escanaba, Michigan
As most here know, I sent my M-1 in for repair quite some time ago, and it came back working, but with something else broken. So, I send it back in because there are no stops on the gain control. Obviously, something THEY broke while installing a new board. I get a call today informing me of the problem, a broken knob and extension rod stop. Problem, they don't have one in stock and it will be a month or better to get one in. So, they suggested they super glue a stop on and send it back. I opted for that so that I can get the mic back in my hands. I told them to order the part and ship it to me, to which they agreed. what do you think the chances are that I'll ever see that part? Ya, me too. Anyhow, I sent it in the first time in May something. I still don't have a mic. They broke it, can't fix it and I have to eat it.

Yaesu, why I'm not surprised?

Well, I'm not up to speed on the latest Yaesu stuff, but I was extremely pleased with 757-GXs I've had and the FT-990 was awesome. This mic was wonderful until the chip went funky and needed an entire board. It all went down hill from there. The only time I had to deal with tech support and repairs was with the mic. Maybe they're still blaming COVID, too.

With all that is proven out as far as vintage that can be adapted to most any radio, I really cannot see myself buying a “new” mic to save my life. I am sad to hear of this situation as far as Yaesu itself though.

Yaesu doesn't make anything today I wouldn't even pay $.01 for but I love the older stuff. I have been running a 101ZDMkIII for almost 20 years not and it never let me down.

Reactions: Holydvr
Okay, well, I guess I have to reel it back a bit. Just received a phone call from Tim at Yaesu, who informed me that they dug around some more and found what could be the last piece in the country to repair my mic. It is finished and will be shipped back in a week. I guess I'll never know how they broke it, but at least it's fixed.

Reactions: L2

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated