• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

NOW CB AMPS ON EBAY

Happy_Hamer

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 22, 2001
Yup, under electronics and CB ebay now has a section for CB amplifier :D

Home > Buy > Electronics > Radios: CB, Ham & Shortwave > CB Radio > Amplifiers

(y) LOL, I can just imagine the results of this, if nothing else its sure to make some interesting reading on the forums... What were they thinking:D

Think they figured out they were losing money on every listing they pulled? :D

Next they will start telling us exactly how to list the "Banned" radios in the sellers tip section. (y)

Uh-Oh. Better not get to giddy just yet. I was watching a BumbleBee amp that ended later today and the listing has been removed! :blink:

I got the reminder from eBay that it was ending soon, but when I went to check it it was gone.

I am watching 6 more, just to see what happens with them.

hhmm this sounds strange.recently when i did my amplifier search that i have linked on my computer it now comes up under the VHF heading ......ham radio>amplifiers>vhf.

thats what i get here .why would they put a cb amp section in when they pull every auction that has a amplifiier that mentions cb or 11 meters???i gotta see this ...lol...

LMAO

post_old.gif
Yesterday, 08:06 PM
k0crx
user_online.gif

QRZ Member

icon1.gif

FWIW, I just sent this message to ebay customer support. I expect to get the same automated and totally useless response I've received in past when attempting to communicate with ebay, but, I felt I had to try.

I just noticed that ebay has added category Electronics/CB Radio/Amplifiers. Are you not aware that the sales and use of ANY RF power amplifier for CB use is banned by the Federal Communications Commission? I'm already disappointed that ebay routinely allows the sale of these illegal devices in the Ham Radio section. I'm appalled that you now have a category specifically dedicated to the sale of devices which are illegal under United States federal law. What have you to say in your defense of your blatant disregard for law and order??

Real Radios Glow in the Dark

crybaby.jpg

just to make it perfectly clear.......

not ALL hams are that "whiney"

I'm a ham and i OWN a couple CB amplifiers that i use on 11M

MOST hams i know could care less about people running power etc on 11M but as the saying goes there is a few bad apples in every bunch

E-Bay is a small part of C.B. really gonna make a difference if they don't sell Amps, LOL.
Just sell

Hams should be working on getting their own House in order, instead of worrying about a Few illegal C.B's.
Glad i have better things to do as to Harass a few Illegal CBer's or Hams!
Doug S.

They are also on guard on Craigs list. There always TRYING to get my listings flagged and send me nasty emails. I just laught at im
I get the same thing on ebay but the way I list my amp/10 meter radio sales they cannot do anything about it, I have never had an auction pulled from ebay because of some old f-ing soar headed ham crying to moma.

They're just a bunch of Chiwaaawaaaas
images

Me no cry

Im a ham, and I am the one that got the HF/VHF subcategorie on ebay. But the CB amp one, I don't know about that. However I have noticed that fewer amps have been kicked here latley. Seems that they don't mind the fat boys too much, but if you have a Texas Star, you better make it a BIN 12 hr or its by-by! The hams are hypocritical anyways. An Ameritron and a texas star are the same thing, just one is better quality than the other, and most of the "CB" amps I get, are from hams, actually scratch that. None of the the amps I have ever bought have come from a CB-r.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.