• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

NPC/Swing Mod for a RCI 99n4

Rc123

Nov 27, 2020
Does anyone know any mods and such for the RCI 99n4? Got one today and converted it and can’t get it to swing any RMS power. I know a guy that has one that will swing 300 watts rms. Any ideas?

I haven’t been able to locate one. From my understanding it’s the same radio as a 99n2 and the X9, but I’m looking

So I would put one end of the diode/resister combo on a 13.8v source and the other end on the positive side of C258. I assume

Alright let’s try this again haha diode resister combo in parallel or across c258. It’s a surface mount part so I assume on top of c258

Not sure if this will help. I don't have the eyes for SMD but won't ever stop. I went off the location for Q65 and Q 68 to trace it out. After talking to Mike ,sp5it, I'm going to try it on 69ffb4 just cause. Just measure twice and cut once, or in my case measure 5X. Let me know how you make out or if there are any errors in the attachment.Ranger69.png

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.