• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

NXP 1550 Watt MRF1K50H-TF2 27MHz Amplifier

BBB

Jan 17, 2012
Saw this NXP brand 1550 watt MRF1K50H-TF2 50V 27MHz "amplifier evaluation board" for sale for $1200. It can probably use the newest NXP 1800 watt 65V LDMOS as well. I've yet to find a schematic for it.

Was wondering since these are typically designed for use in thermal welders how wide is the bandwidth? Are these typically so narrow banded they are for use on only one 27 MHz frequency? Maybe just they way they are tuned when set up?

Can anyone get the 27MHz reference circuit info for this board?

http://www.richardsonrfpd.com/Pages/Product-Details.aspx?productId=1237262

http://www.nxp.com/assets/documents/data/en/data-sheets/MRF1K50H.pdf

MRF1K50H-TF2.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Crusher

The 27 MHz frequency spec is for the "ISM", or Industrial, Scientific and Medical frequency at 27.120 MHz.

It will need a low-pass filter on the output at the least. A look at the gain shows nearly 30 db at 1200 Watts output. That would be around 1 Watt of drive.

This is why you will see a big attenuator in the input side of commercial amplifiers using this kind of transistor. To drive it with 20 Watts PEP would call for a 50-ohm dummy load that taps off one-twentieth of the drive power to feed the transistor.

More or less.

And you'll need a big heat sink. The copper spreader serves only to increase contact surface against the aluminum. It won't absorb as many Watts per inch as this transistor will dump. The copper WILL soak up that much heat through a small surface, and deliver it to the aluminum surface of the heat sink.

Could probably liquid-cool it. If only those gaming-computer water-cool toys had a Watt rating listed on them. Still haven't found that spec listed for any of those I have looked at.

You would think somebody could beat their price on the circuit boards.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated