• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

NYC cops dislike seeing ham radios

That's for interference caused by the operation of those services, it has nothing to do with someone walking along with a radio in their hand.

I know i could have stayed and pressed and argued the issue
i know full well i would have won

however i needed to get a mile away in less then 20 minutes and didnt have time to tell off and get those dummy's to understand
or wait the time it would have been to get a supervisor to my location to solve the issue

i have not desided to let the issue fade away
but will be sure they are made aware of things

i had a simular but slightly worse case happen to me 3 yrs ago in nj
since the happening
i have not seen that cop (internal affairs kept asking me for 2 weeks to come in to press charges regarding the incident, i didnt do so for i understand many of their issues and simply demand they not interfere with those who abide by the law as i had then and this past sunday)

for now on i will carry not just my ID and not just a copy of my licence,but also a copy of F.C.C. law regarding my carrying and using ham radio within good ole USA

anyways

ALL Have a Great and Safe 4th

That's for interference caused by the operation of those services, it has nothing to do with someone walking along with a radio in their hand.

It gives local law enforcement the ability to enforce any codes that have anything to do with CB. That means enforcement of illegal export radios, too. It would be perfectly within their authority to ask to see the radio to see if it is an export radio. Now we all know that the average cop isn't going to know the difference, but the point I'm trying to make is don't kid yourself on how much authority they have when it comes to enforcement of CB regulations.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.