• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

October 10 (10-10)

WOW!!! it's about 5:30PM in TN and some one from the west (to use a CB term) is droppin a big ole McNasty maul on him:whistle:

On 10-10-2012 I had QSO with the same number of non-10-10 as I did 10-10 contacts because that is how the QSO Party is set up, the regular QSO do count for 1 point and the 10-10 contacts count for 2 points. That is saying a lot for the 10-10 members from the west USA because they really came out in to play to match the non members QSO. Of course, I think it maybe sinking in that I do call "CQ 10-10" instead of a regular CQ, so the non 10-10 members could have been holding back a bit. Of course, that does change a few times a year for the ARRL 10 meter contest, Field Day, and the DX contest but I am not really a contest operator, I just like to get On-the-Air when everyone comes out to play for the ARRL LoTW confirmations. Now that I have ARRL WAS 7 ways, I am concentrating on the DX confirmations, so I am to the point I could drop the 10-10 part and go with a "CQ-DX" but that would mean not contacting USA stations, so I have just decided to stick with "CQ 10-10" until 2015 and go from there.

73 KC4TVZ Todd

Reactions: 1 person
On 10-10-2012 I had QSO with the same number of non-10-10 as I did 10-10 contacts because that is how the QSO Party is set up, the regular QSO do count for 1 point and the 10-10 contacts count for 2 points. That is saying a lot for the 10-10 members from the west USA because they really came out in to play to match the non members QSO. Of course, I think it maybe sinking in that I do call "CQ 10-10" instead of a regular CQ, so the non 10-10 members could have been holding back a bit. Of course, that does change a few times a year for the ARRL 10 meter contest, Field Day, and the DX contest but I am not really a contest operator, I just like to get On-the-Air when everyone comes out to play for the ARRL LoTW confirmations. Now that I have ARRL WAS 7 ways, I am concentrating on the DX confirmations, so I am to the point I could drop the 10-10 part and go with a "CQ-DX" but that would mean not contacting USA stations, so I have just decided to stick with "CQ 10-10" until 2015 and go from there.

73 KC4TVZ Todd
hey TOdd hear you calling cq ten ten on 28.424.9mhz but over here region 6 there is this god awful wind noise (atmospheric noise?)(y)

Reactions: 1 person

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?