• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Odd D-104 Sighting

Holydvr

Tony (The Flasher) 1776 NW Arizona
Nov 2, 2018
Golden Valley, AZ
Opened this element (beyond dead) to convert it to Ceramic with an MC-564 ceramic bar, but found this skinny “yoke” as I call them that attaches to the crystal packet. Seems this one may have had (or not) thr skinnier packet out of say an MC-151 or similar. I myself have never seen this. Original packet was grenaded, but seems to support my theory with what little is left. This element has the earlier thicker diaphragm. It was very much untouched as far as my eyes told me. What little wrinkling that can be seen is from me breaking the fossilized glue holding the diaphragm onto the puck.BADA2FCB-D5F5-42CE-AB4A-0B8389DFEB52.jpeg

The element is unmarked. Doesnt even look as if it ever had a sticker on the back. I have another that is still in the original head from late 1946 and it was similarly unmarked. I forget now how I was able to date that one at least somewhat. The destroyed crystal packet was not of the standard larger square variety some of us are used to seeing. The yoke is also about half the width as usual. Just an odd duck I suppose, as I have never seen one like this.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.