• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

OK, HERE WE GO.

I have to say that President Lincoln would be my favorite. I've owned two and had nothing but good reports. People say when I key up that I rule the channel.

Perhaps not in general, but specifically, older washington base as used by "heiniken hippie" in Las Vegas NV.
I get all over the west coast in my form of employment and I hear them all, he's LOUD. A close second is NAO 911 N. Eastern Arizona on the 148gtl, breakin glass and kickin' ass
Punchin' out......

well, it is a toss up for me, loudest radio period has to be the uniden grant xl and the 2510. i have run both of these radio's with a power mic and both were just totally unbeleivable. as far as with a stock mic. well that is another story, loudest stock mic radio i have ever owned was a cobra139XLR peaked to the max, that thing needed no power mic and would run with the base no problem

I have to agree with Justin, I'd go with the TR 296 or other TR with the same board. With a little modification of the AMC timing circuit, they have incredibly clear and PUNCHY audio, and as Justin said, one of the best receivers on the market right now. If you have to have extra channels, they can be cleanly modified for extra coverage. If they don't have the power you need, just invest in a small amp.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.