• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

OKAY I NEED SERVICE MANUAL FOR COURIER CENTURION PLL 40 CH

Hi all, I know I'm way behind on this thread but does anyone know if the 40ch Centurion base has the same board as the Spartan PLL 40 channel mobile? Having trouble finding info for the Spartan, did find the 23ch version in I believe Sams 56.

Spartan PLL is in Sams CB 191. If you ask Dan McClain for the Spartan info from that book in the "Sams PhotoFacts Collection" thread he may be able to help you. I say may because he may not have that particular book. If he doesn't, eBay probably does.

One of the more experienced members here may know if the pc board is the same as the Courier PLL or not. I've never had my grabby paws on a Spartan.

Hi all, I know I'm way behind on this thread but does anyone know if the 40ch Centurion base has the same board as the Spartan PLL 40 channel mobile? Having trouble finding info for the Spartan, did find the 23ch version in I believe Sams 56.
I guess it could, but I didn't think so because the Gladiator PLL40 mobile had the same board as the Centurion.

Just to add more info for confusion, the schematic that came in the box with every new Gladiator PLL40 mobile was actually the schematic for the Spartan PLL40 mobile (which is wrong). As far as I've seen their is no "actual" direct schematic for the Gladiator. When aligning/repairing a Gladiator, I've always used SAMS 290 for the Centurion PLL40.
The Centurion 40D (SAMS 288) is very similar but has the added amp/compression board in the mic audio chain.

Reactions: TM86
FOLKS, I plan to have my tech align fully my Courier Centurion PLL ssb 40 channel base soon but don't really see the service manual out there yet.

This is the 40 channel rotary dial ssb base CB. It's got extra channels uppers already. It's close on alignments, just want my veteran tech to be sure he has the appropiate documents...

I saw where it appears to be in Sams Photofact 290 but haven't confirmed that yet.

Please someone have this info it would be so awesome if you could pass along that to me, RETRO 73's
Here you go... Dan

Attachments

• Courier Centurion PPL40 Sams Info_split_1.pdf
    22 MB · Views: 5
  • Courier Centurion PPL40 Sams Info_split_2.pdf
    17.3 MB · Views: 5

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated