• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Old Connex 3300 that makes a popping noise when you key up

Cityboy

Dec 25, 2008
I have an older Connex 3300 that makes a popping noise through the internal as well as the external speaker during key-up. Anybody have a solution to my problem. Thanks

Not a mic problem; the stock, RK56, and astatic 636l all do it. It makes a slow dissapating noise when I turn the power off. Keying up causes a kind of pop noise and turning the power off causes it to have a slow dissapating noise like a capacitor is leaking down. I suppose it probably a cap problem. Any help where to look?

To add to the information the radio is one of the original 3600 boards and has a single final. It also pops when echo is turned on and will pop when letting go of the key. It only does it on key-up with the echo off. My thoughts is that it is a capacitor near the transformer; one of them has been replaced with a 1000uf 16v instead of a 1000uf 25v cap. Any thoughts?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    BLACKOUT HF
  • @ BJ radionut:
    I am beginning the packing process...XENIA bound Going "Lite": this year....2 items for sale...Rig #1 = FT-920/Gud to Ex condition/Hand Mike/pwr cord/manual (NO BOX) ... #2 = My 1 owner FT-950....EX condition...Original Shipping Double Box/Factory Manual/Never used hand mike...Booths 9107-9111...Ya'al come by say hello...
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Incoming Region Produces X3 Solar Flare
    May 15, 2024 @ 14:55 UTC
    Another major solar flare, but this time from an active region just beginning to turn into view off the east limb. It is possible that the group responsible is old AR 3654 from the previous rotation. The latest flare, an X2.99 event just peaked at 14:38 UTC (May 15). Stay tuned