• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Old Connex 3300 that makes a popping noise when you key up

Cityboy

Dec 25, 2008
I have an older Connex 3300 that makes a popping noise through the internal as well as the external speaker during key-up. Anybody have a solution to my problem. Thanks

Not a mic problem; the stock, RK56, and astatic 636l all do it. It makes a slow dissapating noise when I turn the power off. Keying up causes a kind of pop noise and turning the power off causes it to have a slow dissapating noise like a capacitor is leaking down. I suppose it probably a cap problem. Any help where to look?

To add to the information the radio is one of the original 3600 boards and has a single final. It also pops when echo is turned on and will pop when letting go of the key. It only does it on key-up with the echo off. My thoughts is that it is a capacitor near the transformer; one of them has been replaced with a 1000uf 16v instead of a 1000uf 25v cap. Any thoughts?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.