• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

OLD Saturn 40 cb service manual or schematic needed

NODENS

Aug 2, 2018
Any one has service manual or schematic for that model of Japan made radio (Saturn 40) or an equivalent one?
I have looked for it without any luck.

The printed-circuit board type number determines exactly which "old" Saturn radio you have.

The very-oldest will have this number printed in the actual copper foil, usually towards the front from the TA7222P audio chip.

If that's where you find it, the most likely number you'll see is "EPT3600-10", followed by a single letter of the alphabet.

Like this:

ept36009vregsubsm.jpg

Later versions are "-11" and "-12". Eventually this number appears on the front edge of the circuit board, on the component side printed in the white screen-print ink.

The "-13" version dates to the early 1990s.

The "-14" was used with the suffix letters A, B or C until the early 2000s.

The schematic is different from one circuit-board type to the next, so that number is the only way to obtain an accurate road map for your radio.

The printed-circuit board type number determines exactly which "old" Saturn radio you have.

The very-oldest will have this number printed in the actual copper foil, usually towards the front from the TA7222P audio chip.

If that's where you find it, the most likely number you'll see is "EPT3600-10", followed by a single letter of the alphabet.

Like this:

ept36009vregsubsm.jpg

Later versions are "-11" and "-12". Eventually this number appears on the front edge of the circuit board, on the component side printed in the white screen-print ink.

The "-13" version dates to the early 1990s.

The "-14" was used with the suffix letters A, B or C until the early 2000s.

The schematic is different from one circuit-board type to the next, so that number is the only way to obtain an accurate road map for your radio.

I believe his radio is not a Galaxy, but this radio.

https://en.todocoleccion.net/antiqu...ionado-saturn-40-embalaje-original~x136363388

Exactly, it's not a galaxy one it is the showed on those pictures mate. I could not find service manual or schematic. I will try more finding next days in weekend (it's when I have time for that as hobby)

the board number would help a lot to find the radio. I have a service manual in hard copy for the 1st saturns. just need a board number.

Like finding a wiring diagram for a car that was in production for 20 years.

Gotta know the model year.

But for this kind of radio, that circuit-board number is the only real guide.

It's not a Galaxy. It looks like it was a short run radio that was sold in the European market, Every page I found that had anything to do with it appears to be in Spain.

HI mate, the numbers printed on board are. On components side. I upload 2 pictures with them.

Attachments

• IMG_20190314_103303.jpg
    IMG_20190314_103303.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_20190314_103325.jpg
    IMG_20190314_103325.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 11
Seems hard to find info about PB499 that seems its chasis... maybe few radios on the market with that chasis, i continue my finding..

AM only radio. that would have been nice to know it was a mobile 40 channel AM only. would have saved a lot of looking through manuals trying to find one for it. all I looked at are AM and SSB radios. even Nomad put a pic up for a ssb radio. I have never seen or even heard of this radio.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.