• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Old timer CBer, new ?

KW4HKY

Feb 16, 2010
I used CB so long ago, I had a license!

I thought about a very small radio to lay on the seat just to monitor 19 on road trips. Mag mount run through the back door so I can remove it.

I have NO clue what is or is not worth getting this day & time.

Any one thing I should avoid?

Suggestions welcome.

You say that now. Just wait until the bug bites deep. :laugh:

No, I have my hands full with Amateur radio, and just now putting up my first wire. My wife likes to hear my talk on the Ham rig.

Not so with the language on the CB.

I used CB so long ago, I had a license!

I thought about a very small radio to lay on the seat just to monitor 19 on road trips. Mag mount run through the back door so I can remove it.

I have NO clue what is or is not worth getting this day & time.

Any one thing I should avoid?

Suggestions welcome.

Cobra 25 LTD Classic.

I second the Cobra 25 LTD or 29 LTD. Both are good solid AM radios with plenty of features. I'd recommend a Wilson 1000 mag mount for an antenna. A tuned up 25 LTD or 29 LTD and that antenna would be all you'd need for what you're after.

You can find plenty of good used Cobra 25's and 29's on Fleabay, and the Wilsons can still be purchased new.

~Cheers~

2009 cobra 29 chromes , are set up with mossfet finals which push a lot of power , mine dead keys 5 watts swings 30 , the radio sounds good , mine was pecked and tuned by the old man . i suggest the 29 over 25 reason is the 29 has better ears then the 25 , tho the 25 is a good radio

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated