• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Older CBs that could be peaked/modified to 10-20 watts???

H

hamradiooo

Hey gang! Were there ever any older 70's vintage CB base or mobile rigs that could be peaked to 10 watts or more? I know this depends on the output final and the design of the power supply, but I'm curious to know what rigs might have an edge over others.

And also, were any of the older rigs good candidates for a higher output final that pushed 10 watts or more?

Nowadays we have export grade rigs that do 10, 20 watts or more. But, again, I'm wondering any of you techs out there know of older conventional CB gear that had, by design, a beefy power supply and rf circuitry.

</p>

Re: Older CBs that could be peaked/modified to 10-20 watts??

I echo run2car`s post, the TRC448 SSB Rig will do 18+ watts foward swing with good tune....a very strong radio!

Dual audio output transistors in a push/pull setup.

Jeff

CDX 339 Radioactive

nasa_latest_eit_171_thumbnail.gif

YAESU_150w.jpg
</p>Edited by: <A HREF=http://pub86.ezboard.com/bworldwidecbradioclub.showUserPublicProfile?gid=audioshockwav>AudioShockwav</A> 
ATOMIC.gif
at: 9/3/03 2:56 pm

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.