• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Older President Grant modulation limiter?

Ok all, Here is my question. I have an older President Grant that the modulation limiter has been removed. I need to find out exactly what type of component and value came in the radio originally so I can replace it. Can anyone tell me this information please. I would like to put it back. Thanks for your help I greatly appreciate it.

Take a look at the PLL chip on your Grant. Does it say D858? Or MB8719? Let me know which PLL chip it has, and then I can tell you what transistor it is. Thanks!

~Cheers~

Wow, fast reply. Thank you. It has the 8719. If you could also tell me the exact location on the board it would be very helpful. I had it written down but the paper with the information is missing. I am going to replace it and hopefully get this radio sounding as good as it did back in the day before some ass messed with it. I like nice clean clear audio and not a raspy splatter box. Thanks again for the super fast reply! ;)

Ok, the transistor number is TR24. It will be located in the front right part of the main board. The transistor that needs to go in there is a 2SC945. It'll just say C945 on the transistor.

I have the location of the transistor pointed out in the picture below.

006.jpg

~Cheers~

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.