• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Ole Mr Gatekeeper

TheRealPorkchop

Certified Sith Pimp
Aug 25, 2015
NC
I just thought I’d share this for those who don’t know and those who give a crap...

GK has been making videos but they have been private, he’s going to start releasing one a day until they are all public.

He also has a new and improved GKPre coming out, kinda interested to see how that actually works out. He sent me the video of it and it appears to be better than the previous version. Though I have to admit up front, I’m not a preamp fan in the least, still interesting to see “new” things being put out.

So if you are (or were) a GateKeeper fan...stay tuned, he is not gone and will return to YouTube soon. Now if we could get some Tech9 stuff back up that would be interesting to watch. Oh and if someone would tell me how to get my hands on a SkullCracka that would be awesome.

I used to love watching tech9 vids. Awesome box builder and a pretty cool guy. Supposedly he got sick of all the negative people on YouTube so he called it quits making videos. And as far as a skullcracka, good luck on that one. People who have them will never let em go. Sentimental reasons i suppose. And if one ever does pop up for sale, get ready to spend mega dollars. I saw a 2 pill skullcracka sell for almost $800 a few years ago. Ouch

Reactions: 357magnum
I'd try a preamp by Gatekeeper. I always hated them. Started using the one on my DX500 early this spring and found it exceptionally useful listening for weak stations in the Pacific, especially in the evening when QRM is low. I miss it running a 1600 now. I'm quite sure it would have helped a few times.

A preamp that actually increase useable signal is one thing, static and hash is another. The one he has now seems to be useful and actually pulls signal, we shall see.

Skullcracka... I was a Mix fan before I knew what a CB radio was, I too would like one for sentimental reasons myself, since I finally found out what dropping the hammer on the northwest tip was. Oh and I like buttermilk biscuits too, my grandma used to make some killer ones.

I was told (here we go) that Tech pulled his videos because he got a letter from the FCC, though I wouldn’t doubt the haters didn’t play a role also. The man hand builds his cases, from flat sheets, I’d love to have one of his boxes just because. But I’d sell my soul to the devil himself for a Prime built box. And I’d put it under glass where I could just admire it whilst thinking about how much back that baby has got.

6EAB9AD9-A92D-4BDD-BF6C-F2ABDB334D9F.gif

I like GK vids , I can't wait for the new ones ! (y) I did see the first version of his Pre-amp & thought that was pretty :cool: . Just don't try & get GK to do any work for you ! :whistle: He's " Always Busy " ! I ended up using a Forum member to do my Gray Amp & he did & awesome job & also did that added PS to mine like GK did . If you have seen GK vid on that Gray 110v amp , I get that many watts out of mine ! Amazing ! (y):) He also fixed my Pre-Amp which is not the best but works better than it ever did ! Can't Thank Him Enough ! (y) Stay Healthy & Safe ! 73 & God Bless ! Leo

All the hoopla about how these amps are built (copied) and all that...

If you want a pretty box, damn if he doesn’t build some really pretty stuff. Those candy boxes he was showing really looked awesome, nice job on the painters part.

Not to hi-jack or derail my own thread but I also like BBi, I just wish someone would give him a spellchecker. If I intended to use an amp, I’d build my own. But I’d love to have one of those candy series boxes just because. But nobody...nobody makes a opossum’s...wait, wrong... nobody makes a box I want more than a SkullCracka.

I'm sure interested in GK's preamp. Saw that video a while back, & sent an email to the one shown & never heard back...
Would be nice to have that installed in the little TS I'm running....

While we are on the missing in action subject, wondering where Tin Man has went?
Besides Gatekeeper he had some very fine boxes...
I have wanted skullcracka since the late 90s when I found out the who and kept hearing skullcracka in DX.
And I miss the Gatekeeper. His stuff was definitely eye candy. My new Carl Built isn't any slouch but will have to wait to order again.

While we are on the missing in action subject, wondering where Tin Man has went?
Besides Gatekeeper he had some very fine boxes...
I have wanted skullcracka since the late 90s when I found out the who and kept hearing skullcracka in DX.
And I miss the Gatekeeper. His stuff was definitely eye candy. My new Carl Built isn't any slouch but will have to wait to order again.
Hey pal...thanks for your kinds words....just hang in there I have over 140 videos that I've done since I quit making them public on youtube and imma start making 2 a day public once I get these last few done. I simply got way to backed up and made a poor business choice of overloading my self. I think that Candy Candy Candy brought to much attention lol lol jk...but I've been working very hard to get my self out of this and I am almost there.

Your friendly neighborhood RF Street Sweeper Developer Gatekeeper

Hey pal...thanks for your kinds words....just hang in there I have over 140 videos that I've done since I quit making them public on youtube and imma start making 2 a day public once I get these last few done. I simply got way to backed up and made a poor business choice of overloading my self. I think that Candy Candy Candy brought to much attention lol lol jk...but I've been working very hard to get my self out of this and I am almost there.

Your friendly neighborhood RF Street Sweeper Developer Gatekeeper
Sorry to hear about the bad business but that happens. Glad to hear you have a handle on it and cant wait to see whats next. Thanks for doing what you do!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.